Most small and medium size business man across the USA & Canada using QuickBooks. It has very good feature like using it in multi user mode. So, switching from single to multi user mode is good choice if having many users. But as a consultant we like to tell you that can face issue like QuickBooks multi user mode is not working in that case customer face QuickBooks Error Code H202 issues. But it can be possible that user receive notification or not because sometime user is not able to get any notification regarding this error.
Reason behind QuickBooks Multi User Mode is Not Working
- For unknown reason QuickBooks is unable to detect IP address of the system
- It could be reason that windows firewall system is blocking communication system
- Antivirus is not ready to access QuickBooks company file from system, where you have saved
- It can be possible that hosting settings are wrong, where you have host it
Things should learn before Fixing issues QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not Working
So, if you are going to fix QuickBooks multi user mode not working then you need to note these some important and necessary points. So, take care of it.
Make sure you have installed QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- It must be same version of QuickBooks Database manager and QuickBooks accounting software
Once you have done necessary things then you need to approach for fixing of QuickBooks Multi User mode not working issues.
How to Fix QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not Working Error?
Here we will discuss that how technicians can fix your issues. Let make some things clear here that if you are a QuickBooks user and try to fix this issue then it is our request to you that contact to QuickBooks Pro-adviser team for solutions. Because that is the proper way to resolved that issue.
Task 1: –
You can fix QuickBooks multi user mode not working by using first of all hosting the QB company files by following this simple process
- So, the very first step to fix that issue is you need to launch QuickBooks accounting software and press F2 button and come to product information.
- As you can see on screen that there is a “local server option” given there make sure that you have hosted “local files” there.
After finish 1st task you need to come at second task as we have mention below
Task 2: –
You should restart “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” after completing local server option settings
- So, now you need to press windows button given there and select the menu option from given choices there
- Then go for “services.msc” in the given space
- Time to make a right-click, and picked start and shut the window
- You can see extension for the known file types on the screen
- Now you need to explore the selected option from there and you need to right tick on start button again
- Time to select tool and menu given there
- Now clunk on the view tab, and clear the hide extensions.
- You should click on the view tab & select to show hidden files as well
- In the end, you need to close the tab of windows explorer
Task: – 3
So, after doing those process you need to ‘Restart,’ now ‘Delete’ the.ND file
- Now, you need to find out “.ND file”
- Now, you need to click on the right option and choose option Delete from their
After the ‘.ND file’ is deleted, time to recreate the.‘ND file’.
- Start with click on the menu “Start”
- Picked all programs possibility >>QuickBooks>>QuickBooks Database server manager
- Click on the given option “scan”
- Now time to add folder button, and then look the company folder
- Time has come to pick company file and then choose given option OK from there
- In the end, clack on scan, after the scan is completed, you need to close the tab
Task: – 4
In this scenario you need to make sure that client systems has not authority to host “Company files” any more and hosting should be OFF. Pay attention, if hosting option is not off then make sure that you need to switch hosting mode:
- All of first you need to go on “login” option to QuickBooks as an administrator
- Now there “Select file menu” from utilities and that option is given at Stop hosting multi-user access
- Next movement is to tick on “yes” option given there and this will force QuickBooks to close and re-open QB company file
- Now, you need to click on the button F2 given there and wait for answer if problem has fixed
So, these are some important and simple steps to fix QuickBooks multi user mode not working issues. So, if you are a user then as we have suggest you before that contact to QuickBooks Support expert to fix that issues otherwise it can cost you more. It could be possible that you will any Blunder mistake which is unsolvable any more. So, take right step to fix that issue and enjoy your accounting services long enough.
Read about QuickBooks File Doctor and its use