What is QuickBooks File Doctor ?
If your QuickBooks accounting software starts misbehaving, crashes or hangs up, what should users do? It is clear that QuickBooks is majorly utilized by moderate size enterprises for the management and documentation of their accounting and financial transactions. Those who have been using QuickBooks even for a considerable amount of time may or may not necessarily be aware of the QuickBooks File Doctor application.
Once you do the QuickBooks File Doctor download, in majority of the instances the application will likely launch automatically. However, in instances where it ceases to work or freezes, the users can possibly start the application manually. Mentioned as follows are the steps to do so:
How to Use QuickBooks File Doctor
- Once you boot QuickBooks, you will have to wait for the software to display the screen where it says ‘No Company Open’.
- Select FILE > Utilities> Repair File and Network Problems. A dialog box will be displayed on the screen.
- Click on OK. The QuickBooks file doctor application will be started with administrator rights.
- When the dialog box appears, select YES.
- Select the wrench icon. This will open QuickBooks File Doctor. Click next on CONTINUE.
- Fill in the user credentials and log in. This will prompt QuickBooks File Doctor to initiate FILE REPAIR.
- Now access the ADVANCED SETTINGS option, click on FILE DIAGNOSIS ONLY’.
- Select NEXT
- On receiving a notification, you can check for any glitches by opening your file.
Error – QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working Call us +1-888-315-1925
It is very rare that the QuickBooks “File Doctor Not Working” error occurs where application is reported to freeze when the repair process is going on. The chances of this error occurring depends a great deal on the size of the company file that is getting repaired and if the is positioned on the local network. If you face a situation as such, it is indicative of the fact the QBW file has crashed. Hence, if you wish to resolve the File Doctor Not Working error, it is necessary to repair the QBW file.
- Resolving the QuickBooks “File doctor not working” error.
- In order to resolve the error, either of the following procedures shall be performed:
- Restore backup of the file that has been damaged
By doing so, the damaged file will be replaced with the backup file which has been saved:
- Start QuickBooks. Select FILE > OPEN OR RESTORE COMPANY
- Select OPEN or RESTORE A BACKUP COPY.
- Click NEXT
- Under the drop – down menu option of LOOK – IN, Access the location where the Back – UP file has been stored.
- Select the file with .QBB extension. Select OPEN now. Select NEXT
- Access the drop down option of SAVE IN. Browse and select the location where you wish to store the back – up file.
- Name the file in the FILE NAME space.
- Click on SAVE.
In case following these steps doesn’t help, you can follow the next troubleshooting process:
Dial QuickBooks Support Number For Fix Issues
In case none of the above resolutions work out in the favor of re – launching the QuickBooks File Doctor application, it will be prudent to seek the assistance of experts. Mentioned below is the procedure to touch base with the support team at Intuit:
- Logon to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact
- Select the QuickBooks rendition and product.
- On the page of Contact US, select Solving Issues and Error Messages
- If the problem is not listed, select “GET PHONE NUMBER”. Dial and contact a support agent.
Lest you are at a risk of losing up some really crucial financial data, the resolutions provided above are ideal to deal with the captioned error. If you fear losing data, it is advised to contact the support team.