What is QuickBooks Error H505?
Generally QuickBooks occurs H series error and QuickBooks Error H505 is one of them, it happen when any QB user try to access a QuickBooks Company file which has been saved on their computer but unable to access due to improper configurations otherwise that file has never saved on Desktop. In that circumstances QuickBooks Support Experts and the best solutions provider.
We have seen that most of the customers face this issues when they haFve multi user functionality. In most of case they have several codes but solutions is same as intuit recommend. QuickBooks Error H505 definitely makes hard the communication between several connected devices or accounts in terms of sharing a single company file.
So, after solving so many customers’ issues we have found proper solutions of QuickBooks Error H505, either you call to QuickBooks Support experts at QuickBooks Support Phone Number and they will provide solutions quickly, via remote access or you need to follow some simple steps as we have mention below.
Note- Before doing any kind of Solution Operation Every users should backup their Data Once.
Solutions 1:- Need to Verify Hosting Process
At the time when you get to know about QuickBooks Error H505 in multi user mode, it is true that only one system has the hosting facility there and rest all have been connected throw it. We have noted some points down there, but you need to apply all desktop, system or workstation excluding that one which has hosted.
- As you can see QuickBooks icon on your desktop, click it for open and chose utilities
- Right there you can see that host multi-user option highlight there it means this system has not hosted QuickBooks Company files, so it is safe to move files on the other computers. You need to leave all options as the same.
- Now on “utilities” option you can find option named as “Stop Hosting Multi user Access”, you need to click on it which will prevent this computer from being host, do same process for all system excluding that which has hosted all company files.
Facing QuickBooks Enterprise related Issues Get in touch with us here at QuickBooks Enterprise Support.
Solutions 2:- Be sure that all Services Running Smoothly
This arrangement and the settings underneath which should be changed are identified with the server PC or the host which ought to have the choice shown in Solution 1 empowered. There are some services which need to be running at all times on the server computer (QuickbooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService) so let’s make sure they are.
- If you are using Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, it means if you are using windows excluding Windows 10 then it is very easy step for you to access the services running on your system, click the windows key and search dialog box there.
- Search “Services.msc” there and after some time list will be there
- Now for Windows 10 users, need to click “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” key combination together for Task Manager, go to service tab there and open service at bottom of the windows.
After doing it successfully you should follow some easy steps as we have recommended
- Find the QuickbooksDBXX by selecting on the Name column in order to sort the services in an order.
- Click Right on the service and choose Properties.
- Find start up types and Save it as Automatic, be caution that service status is in running mode or has started
- For any reason if status has stooped then check it quickly and click on start button as you can find it.
- Now, you need to click on recovery tab as you can find it there, this option is for start service automatically in case get fails. And do the same for rest of systems
This service have to start and you are not going to encounter this issues in future. But you can get same message as
“Windows could not start the QuickbooksDBXX service on Local Computer. Error 1079: The account specified for this service differs from the account specified for other services running in the same process.”
Get the Support for Payroll issues at QuickBooks Payroll Support Contact us now
But in case it has occur then follow these simple options mention here.
- Go to Log On tab and click on the Browser
- See there tab name as “Enter the Object Name to Select”, wait for check names to become authenticated.
- Click OK after done and type in the administrator password in the Password box
- Close the window
- Now close all things and see if the service is running smoothly and now Repeat the same steps for the QBCFMonitorService
Unable to open QB, find the solutions why QuickBooks Has Stopped Working and we will assist you.
Solution 3: Check the Network Ports QuickBooks Uses to Transmit Data
As we know that firewall prevent QuickBooks to accessing internet service properly, and this one is major problems for the users. Make sure that you are using only one firewall because using so many firewall can damage you too.
- Go to Control Panel by searching pressing start menu and select System and Security option and then Windows firewall. You can adjust view size like large, small or medium too.
- On left section of the screen you can see Advanced Settings with highlights inbound rules
- Select New rule after choosing inbound rules, under new rule go for Port, Select TCP from there, and change it with second radio button. You should add these given ports in order to fix QuickBooks updating functionality:
QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
- Now select allow the connection radio button
- Select the network type you want to apply as a rule.
- Rename the rule anything which makes sense to you and click Finish.
- Be sure you repeat the same process for Outbound Rules
Solution 4: Editing the Host File on Windows
It is possible to QB user that need to edit windows hosts file and add your web server in place of it. This is to some degree propelled procedure and you ought to dependably ensure you adhere to the guidelines cautiously. You should have Administrator access so as to continue so ensure you login with your overseer account.
- Select Windows Key + R key combination to open the Run dialog box, on the server.
- Type “cmd” and press Enter to open the Command Prompt window
- Type “ipconfig /all” (there is a space after ipconfig) and press Enter to run this command
- Note of the Host Name (computer name) and the IP Address (it will either be IP Address or IP Address v4). And doing this make sure same process have done for all systems or workstations for all multi-user mode.
Next Steps to do is simply edit the Windows Hosts file.
- Close QuickBooks and go to Start Menu >> This PC. Make sure you are following these address:
- Select on the “View” tab on File Explorer’s menu and chosse on the “Hidden items” checkbox in the Show/hide section
- Now right click on the host file and open the file with notepad
- Put the IP address and type in the Computer Name (Server- will have workstation IP and computer name. Workstation- will have Server IP and computer name).
- Finishing all process, you can select the changes and reopen QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
Know the use of QuickBooks file Doctor
Contact QuickBooks Customer Service team here