QuickBooks is one of the leading bookkeeping software in today’s era. It has most number of users and it is increasing day by day. In old days, people face so many problems during accounting. But, as we know technology has changed and as same for accounting services too. So, Intuit launched their one of the most successful Accounting software and here we are discussing about QuickBooks Error H202. It is true that no more software is error-less, so as it is.
This article is about QuickBooks Error H202, which is one of the most facing issues for users. Here we will discuss why this problem get occurred and how we can resolve it.
What is QuickBooks Error Code H202?
QuickBooks Error H202 means user try to access a file which is on another computer and cannot reach on the server.
You are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and this copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server on that computer. (H202)”
So, before you start executing these steps you must understand the cause and other necessary information which has mentioned below.
Reason behind QuickBooks Error H202
The problems which generate QuickBooks Error H202 are here listed here, read them and understand why you are in this situation.
At any time you try to open the QB Company file, QuickBooks try to make connection to the QuickBooks Database Server. Then QuickBooks is not able to establish connection to the remote server in direction to open the company file, which is the reason why QuickBooks Error H202 occurs.
Whenever you open the Company file, QuickBooks attempts to establish a connection to the QuickBooks Server. When QuickBooks is unable to connect to the remote server in order to open the company file, QuickBooks Error H202 occurs.
- Any other QuickBooks file hosting configuration or settings.
- QuickBooks communication is choked by a Security software of a firewall.
- QuickBooks computer terminal is unable to ping the Host computer (IP address is inaccessible)
- Inconsistent QuickBooks Database Server Managerconflicts with DNS Server.
- Broken QuickBooks Services or damaged services modules.
- Crash due to Multiple Database Server Manager versions running.
- QuickBooks Error Code H202 port not available
- Problem with QuickBooks multi-user mode
You need to be very careful because solutions for this error is vary as it is depend on which type of H Series Error you are facing, in most of causes solutions process is same.
We have mentioned Solution method of QuickBooks Error H202 here in simple but effective ways.
Solution 1 – Ping the server
- Time to run window in a workspace having the QuickBooks error H202.
- Place CMD in the text arena and tick on Ok.
- After that, from your desktop, you need to ping your server.
- On behalf of this, you need to put (type) ping [server name] and then click on the Enter key. Mind it that, don’t use brackets during this step.
- You need to executive all steps given above for every desktop getting the error.
- In some case, you get a slow answer, or if a loss of a packet is detected, it shows that you have some issues with the network and have to finish that first then try again.
- Time to go to the next solution.
Solution 2 – Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Inuit has developed so many powerful tools. But in this case QuickBooks File Doctor helps you to fix the issues you can use it in other errors also, like QuickBooks Connectivity issues or QuickBooks Error H505 and so other. Just download it and run as administrator. Click on this link to download it- Download QuickBooks File Doctor.
Solution 3 – Download and run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- To start with, on your server, navigate to the Start menu of window and click on it.
- You can see a search box there, write the word database.
- Now from the lists of search results, choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Select the folder storing company files. Remember, you can also find out this folder by using Browse.
- Pick this folder from there.
- Now find the Start Scan button and tick on it.
- QBDBSM fix Firewall permissions spontaneously.
- You need to finished that scan and after that tick on the Close button
- Remember on each system where the error occurred, you have to open QB.
- In the QB, select to the File menu and click on it.
- Time to switch to multi-user mode and choose it.
- For some reason if you are not able to use multi-user mode, you have successfully fix QuickBooks H202 error.
Still having the same issues then time to use next solutions which we have mentioned below-
Solution 4 – Time to Verify QuickBooks services
If in case, the server is running a full version of QB, follow steps given below start multi-user hosting mode –
Follow these simple steps given below to start multi-user mode, in case the server is running a full version of QuickBooks
- You need to find and open QuickBooks on the server
- Navigate to File and then Utilities.
- Time to choose Host multi-user access and choose it.
In order to verify the running status of QuickbooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService on the server, follow these steps –
- Go running window.
- Put services.msc in the text field and click on Ok.
- Choose QuickBooksDBXX from the list that appeared on clicking Ok.
- Look for the Startup type.
- Check if it is Automatic, if not do it.
- Now, look for Service status.
- Check if it is Running or Started.
- Make it running, if it is not.
- Navigate to the Recovery tab and click on it.
- Go to the drop-down menus for first, second and subsequent failures.
- For all these, select restart the service option.
- Choose Apply.
- Click Ok.
- Now, follow all the above-mentioned steps for QBCFMonitorService.
Get QuickBooks Error H202 Solutions any time at QuickBooks Support
So, when you are verifying the running status of QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFmonitirService on your server then kindly follow these simple and effective steps –
- Navigate to running window.
- You need to enter services.msc in the given field and then click on OK.
- You need to pick QuickBokosDBXX from the given list there.
- Find the Startup type.
- It should be automatic if not then do it first?
- Time to look for Service status.
- Double check for its status running or started.
- If it is not in running mode then do it quickly.
- Go to the Recovery tab and click on it.
- You can see a drop-down menus for first, second and subsequent failures.
- After all these, time to select restart the service option.
- Then tick on Apply.
- Now, Click on Ok.
- You need to follow all the given steps for QBCFMonitorService.
Solution 5 – Add QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService to the admin group
QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService, these both QB Services have to windows admin permission, sometimes users forget to give admin permission then, you need to permit it. It is true that providing windows admin permissions to QuickBooks Service is very useful because sometimes its fix QuickBooks Error H202.
Solution 6 – You should configure settings of the firewall
Firewall is strong reason for blocking data exchange between QuickBooks software and Server. We have mention some configure firewall settings on the server. From that you can re-establish communication between QuickBooks and Server-
- First of all, you need to create exceptions in the firewall.
- Do changes to permissions in firewall after that open QuickBooks on all of the workstations.
- Select Switch to multi-user mode under the File menu.
- Solution 7 – Navigate to Windows host file and add server
- Initially, close QuickBooks.
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\Etc on the server.
- Tick on hosts file twice.
- When provoked for a program, choose Notepad.
Now, you have to type IP address then the name of the computer. For the server, put the IP of workstation and name of the computer. For a workstation, put the IP of server and name of the computer name. To the separate name of computer and IP address, press Tab key on your keyboard instead of the space bar.
So, you need to press windows start + R button then type your IP address there and name of your computer also. For server, you need to type IP of desktop and name of the computer too. If you have different name of computer and IP address then you need to press tab key on your keyboard instead of the space bar.
You need Check for QuickBooks Error Code H202 by opening QB in multi-user mode.
Solution 8 – Make sure you have new folder for QuickBooks company file
- You need to make a new folder on the Server
- To share QuickBooks Company file and this new folder you have to change permissions
- Press Ctrl and C keys together for copying .qbw file to the new folder.
- If you are on multi-user then, you should open your QuickBooks Company file.
- There you can find out if QuickBooks error H202 is appearing on opening QuickBooks company file in multi-user mode.
So, you can use this steps to fix QuickBooks Error H505 and can use accounting services smoothly. Otherwise call to our QuickBooks Customer Support experts at QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number and our technicians will resolve your issues.
Read about QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool and how you can use it to resolve issues.