QuickBooks a combined software for accounting and financial package which is developed and marketed by the Intuit. Being an accounting and financial software are very famous among business institutions, all medium and large business firms use the QuickBooks to manage the business payments, paying of bills, and for other payroll functions.
Know about QuickBooks database server manager and why it is needed?
QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBSM) is a professional tool provided by the Intuit which allow you to run the multiple versions of QuickBooks processes.
It helps in to create the Network Data Files, by storing the each company file on the host workstation. Therefore when you are using the multiple versions of QuickBooks desktop, you need a QuickBooks Database Server Manager for each of them. So it becomes essential to use QBDBSM to use multiple updates of QuickBooks processes.
Remember always use the newest database service running as a background application
Installation of database manager is quite important because without installing it you will not able to use the multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop.
Therefore know the easy and proper guidance – how to install, update and setup the QuickBooks database server manager, but still you find it difficult to do all this, then call at QuickBooks Support phone number for the help assistance.
Questions rises what is the need of QuickBooks database server manager
#) Helps in quick scan of QuickBooks company file which is important for multiple user access.
#) Track the local hard-drives and configure new company files automatically.
Install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Start the Installation process by opening the QuickBooks installer.
- Have the internet connection, and then click on Next.
- Close down all the current programs which are running in the background after that click on ‘Next’
- Go through with the term and conditions of the software agreement, by reading it carefully and then accept the terms and conditions and click Next.
- Opt the Custom or Network options as recommended.
- Choose the installation process.
- Provide the License and Product Number if asked.
- After that follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation process.
- Finally, set up the Database Server Manager after the installation of the software successfully.
How to update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
- When you have install the database server manager, it becomes very important to check whether is there are any updates available. As Intuit provides the regular software updates in order to improve efficiency of QuickBooks desktop.
- Install the latest patch if provided from the updated version of QuickBooks Desktop
- When you have made the installation, after that reboot the server (it is compulsory needed)
- Now when the server has been updated, a message will be flash indicating that company file version need to be updated in response to QuickBooks desktop. Remember not forget to have the backup, which is important because the updates can change the structure of database.
- Now open the file after completing the backup process.
Know why QuickBooks Error H505 occur
Know the easy steps to Setup QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- After completing the update process open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and scan the files and folders which you need to be configured for multi-user access and always be sure about that, files are configured properly to have access for the multiple users.
- Use Monitored drive feature to add new company files to the server automatically and keep the database server manager up to date.
- Always ensure that the server has the access to the company file or the vice versa and the users have made login to the company files
- And in case if you want to alter the status of service then the only way is to use the Service administrative tool so that configuration of the service can be done.
- Finally, you can use the updates feature and download the latest updates to QuickBooks Server.
How can you open QDSM?
To Open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
First of all go to the Start Menu and then select > Programs.
Now Click on QuickBooks, after that select the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager”.
How to scan folders in QuickBooks Database Manager?
Unroll QuickBooks Database Manager and click > Scan Folders.
Or you can scan the whole local drive when you are not sure about the location of your company files.
How to use QuickBooks DBSM Features?
Know how many company files are connected with the server.
Number of users are logged in.
Have the proper status, when the service is running.
You can also review your system info and have the location of the Database server.
Get Regular Solutions of issues QuickBooks has stopped working
FAQs about QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Que – Repair QuickBooks database?
Sol – With the help of rebuild data utility, QuickBooks database can be repaired.
Select the File menu, now select Utilities and Rebuild Data.
After that go to QuickBooks Information window, and select OK.
When the repairing task has been completed select OK to final the task.
Que- Easy Steps to start QuickBooks database server manager?
Sol- Select QuickBooks on the server and follow the easy steps to start QBDBSM below-
Open File menu, choose Open > company file and then click Next.
Choose the company file
And select the file to open in multi-user mode checkbox, then press Open.
Know about QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
Que- How to remove the QBSBSM?
Sol- You can remove the QBDBSM when are not using the multi-user feature by following the steps.
To remove or uninstall it select the Programs and Features.
Click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
After that choose the Uninstall or Remove option at the top of the window.
Follow the instructions for Uninstalling or removing the program.
That was all about how you can install, update, set up, open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, but still as it is a technical process sometime needs a professional assistance, if you find any issue while executing the above all process, you can have the expert assistance from the professionals by just making a toll-free call at QuickBooks Support phone number.
Read more to know about Why QuickBooks Enterprise Support is essential?