QuickBooks Has Stopped Working
If you are reading this article then it might be possible that you have issues with QuickBooks bookkeeping software like QuickBooks has stopped working and you need to fix this problem because as you know that without solution you are not able to do any entry or unable to create any invoice. So, question is why this problems occur and what right solutions is for it. The best solution is hire a QuickBooks Support Expert and they will fix these issues as possible as can.
Why QuickBooks has stopped Working issues occur?
- Causes of these errors are:
- The company name is too long
- Missing or Damaged QBWUSER.INI file.
- Corrupted Hard Drive
- Damaged Windows operating system
- Program files that are damaged
- System resources are low
- Installation error
- Conflict in some program
How to Fix QuickBooks Has Stopped Working Error
If you are facing QuickBooks Has stopped working issues then you need not to be worry in initial stages but after some time it can be serious so, call to QuickBooks Support experts then they will provide professional solutions to you.
QuickBooks has stopped working problems can occur because of so many possible issues and also the solution accessible by which we can resolve this error. You need to follow the given simple instruction to get rid of from this type of QuickBooks software error. Let me clear one thing that these kind of problems will resolve by our QuickBooks Support team so, do not wait for more damage.
- Need to Restart your personal device (Desktop/PC)
- Reopen QuickBooks Accounting Software
- You should use shortcut Keys for launching the QuickBooks Software
- Click on Start >> All programs >>> Right click on QuickBooks
- Click Ctrl Key and then open QuickBooks software
You can use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool)
In First step you need to download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool and run it at your desktop
Solution 1: Rename/Delete QBWUSER.INI file
- Renaming/Deleting QBWUSER.INI file will erase all the information stored in your list of previously opened company files.
- Select Windows + E key instantaneously on your keyboard, to open the window.
- In the “Organize” tab on the top left select, >> Folder and search options.
- Select the ‘View’ tab.
- Advanced Settings >> Hidden files and folders >> Show hidden files and folders, and then click on Ok.
- Go to My Computer >> C: drive >> C:\Documents and Settings\[Your user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]
- Right-click the QBWUSER>INI file and Click Delete/Rename
Solution 2: Uninstall and Re-install using a clean install
3: Open the company file from a different folder location (If other files or sample file do open)
4: Create a new Windows Admin User
If you are unable to fix issues after this article then yon have to call QuickBooks Support team and they will easily fix issues. They are qualified and professional QuickBooks Customer Service provider so you need not be worry for solutions just call them and they make sure that you will not face the same issues again and again. So, call to the QuickBooks Support team and make things easier for you.